I think CCS has sooo many advantages. I am so thankful for this new technology. But I am so nervous that we won't have any blasts or very few. Or they won't be that great of quality. Sounds like you have to decide by day 2 report if you want to go forward with the testing. We may have an idea- but won't know the quality and number of blasts....there's a lot of money on the line. We already wasted $3000 + on PGD that failed! I find myself thinking about this so often. Why not do a fresh transfer and stop worrying about this? and not putting an expectation to make so many blasts? Here's my list so far for the advantages/disadvatages of CCS testing:
Advantages to CGH:
1)Transfer "normal" embryos with the best chance for implantation- success rates high!
2)Avoid a BFN of abnormals (and IF have frozens have to pay for an FET)
3)Avoid miscarriage of abnormal (I've been thru 2 miscarriages and d&c's already)
4)FET transfer easier on immune system
5)Comfort of being pregnant with "normals" less worry about miscarriage
6)If we have the bonus of extra frozen "normals" we will know the status of these embryos and know if it is worthwhile to go back for them and take advantage of all listed above for a sibling
7)If we have no "normals" it will make sense to move on and be done with IVF
Disadvantages:
1)COST!! ($6,850!!!!)
2)the wait (but may not actually be disadvantage-sounds like FETs may be better anyway)
3)chance of error or damage to the embryo (although may be very small there must be a very small chance this could happen)
4)Won't have extra money to possibly try again (maybe a change in protocol would yield more eggs or better quality) or use toward adoption or donor,etc. I know my husband won't let us spend more!!
Let me know if any of you can think of any other advantages/disadvantages. What are your opinions on CCS?
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your thoughts echo my thoughts EXACTLY. I do not have anything else to add. I absolutely am PRO CCS. Altough we will not get a chance to do CCS/PGD on my own eggs I already love the advantages of it and think why not for Donor Eggs? Our doc said it was not necessary for DE but he said he would do it for us if we wished. I said "Good...because I can't handle another m/c and want every thing possible to prevent mc's before transfer if possible" He was super understanding and realizes I'm hyper sensitive about pg loss. So I think CCS is a God send and want to do it for DE. I say go for it...the money will buy you peace of mind.
ReplyDelete