Saturday, June 12, 2010

Why even ask?

I find it so annoying when friends ask me how I am doing via email and don't respond back. These aren't super close friends, but I've had a handful of friends checking in to see how things are going... I respond back letting them know we've had two miscarriages and that we will be going to CO for IVF. I haven't gotten a response from at least three of them. Why even ask????
Ughh. They could at least write back saying something like "I am so sorry for your loss... You're in our thoughts and prayers". If I had good news I think they all would have wrote back. I hate how IF brings these awkward situations. One girl that didn't respond back I met online thru a thread for my local clinic. I had cycled there before and had success and was back on the threads since we were TTC #2. This girl was TTC for her first. Her first cycle failed. I supported her and we exchanged emails. We would talk a lot and were planning on meeting in person. Her second cycle was a BFP. I got pregnant shortly after and lost the pregnancy. She was supportive. We didn't talk for a while and I went on and did a new fresh cycle. She checked in on me later on and I told her about my BFN and she's never responded back. I know we weren't best friend's or anything- but why ask??? It hurts.
Another friend of mine, actually a pretty good friend. She lives 10 hrs away, we're friends from high school. She was a bridesmaid in our wedding. We keep in touch mostly by email. We hadn't talked in a while and she wrote me to see how things are going with IVF,etc. I responded back with the miscarriage news,etc. No response!!!
It really hurts. don't go on facebook anymore, it's just too hurtful. I know these people care about me and maybe they just don't know what to say but the silence is worse.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I just hate that! But what's even worse is that all of A's immediate family knew we were in Denver this past week and NOT a SINGLE phone call, email, nothing. I am silently boiling inside. I almost feel like giving up on telling any of them anything. I do tell them somethings because I feel this is a family problem and the decisions we are making affect the family. But with their silence it just feels like it's just our problem. So yeah silence is worse. This is not new. We are not all that close with his side (so many reasons) and that hurts too. But I am starting to learn that non-IFers have zero clue (includes family and friends) about what we go through and I almost feel better when I get support from my online IF family. This is weird for me as I am always so open with anybody that asks but I'm starting to clam up because I can't stand the silence that follows.

    ReplyDelete