I was excited when the nurse set up my appointment so soon after getting the day 3 bloodwork. The bloodwork just arrived today and my consult was later in the day. I was a little concerned though that the bloodwork would not be ready or that the doctor would not have a chance to have looked at my result and decided on my protocol, I did question the nurse and she said it should be fine.
Well, it didn't turn out too great... my appt was orginally at 4pm but this am they called to see if I could change it to earlier. I explained the situation with the bloodwork arriving today, etc. They said the result would be ready. So I said ok. The appt was changed to 1230. Then I realized my home phone wasn't working at 1215, so I called them to change the contact number to my cell #. Still no call at 1pm. I was afraid maybe he didn't get the message and was calling my home phone. So I called back to double check. Ughh. I guess he was just running late. So he calls at around 1:15 and I asked if he had my bloowork results (since this was the main reason I wanted to talk- about my result and protocol). He didn't have it! Ughh! So he says he call me back. He got the result and called back within 5 min. But he didn't have my protocol ready....I was appreciative of the fact that he felt he needed to take some time to decide my protocol. So I was happy with that.
I was slightly annoyed (not his fault) but that the nurses set this up for me. The whole point was to discuss my results and the protocol/plan. We ended up talking anyway and he was nice about it. I got flustered and didn't ask as may questions as I wanted to though. My FSH was 7.0, he didn't have my LH result and the E2 was 49.I mentioned how the other RE's have thought I have an egg quality issue- fragmented polar bodies with the eggs, low fert rates. He agreed I probably have an egg quality issue but it could be resolved with their lab and how the eggs are matured (timing of HCG shot) also fert rates could improve with their ICSI expertise in their lab.
I asked about the supplements-inositol, Co-Q10, melatonin...and said I have been taking them- he said it can't hurt.
I also asked about being aggressive- how our last long lupron cycle was not too great- 17 eggs (good!!), 12 mature (pretty good) but only 5!! fertilized! I was devastated. That's why my local RE was more aggressive this cycle with the MDL protocol where I got 27 eggs, 20 mature, 12 fertilized. But Dr Schoolcraft still thinks the MDL is too aggressive and getting more than 20 eggs is not a good thing. Quality is compromised when >20 eggs are retreived. So I am trying to get used to the idea of more isn't necessarily better. He said he believes we will get 5 to 6 blasts for CCS testing.
He was positive and wished me good luck. I hope to get my protocol in the next few days and get a hold of my nurse to see if I can get started this cycle or not.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment