Thursday, September 2, 2010

CCS results are in!!!!

Well, I did get a nice birthday surprise! Three of our five are normal!! Our abnormals are the two from day 6...the 3AB and the 4AB. My nurse thought these were our best ones. Bummer!! The normals are all of the days fives.... 5BA, 4BB, and 3BB. Nice to know that if we had not done CCS we probably would have transferred the two abnormals and got a big fat negative! Or a heartbreaking miscarriage. So thankful that CCS saved us from that happening.

I am hopeful and happy with our results. Of course I wanted more and the normal ones to be our best embryos. My guess is we'll transfer two since none of ours are perfect AAs. It's nice to have at least one extra in case there are issues with thawing and re-expanding... comforting to have a back up embie!

The next step is to talk with Dr Schoolcraft about our results. I will set up an appointment today. My progesterone check is on 9/11 to see if I'm ready for lupron (progesterone has to be >5). Then wait for AF and start the patches once AF shows up... I have a feeling this will all be later than the estimated dates though!

4 comments:

  1. Lindsay - this is GREAT!!!!!! I am so happy for you. It seems that the best often tend to be abnormal - so interesting. Congrats - and I know your birthday will be great!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! This gives me so much hope going into our cycle (if we ever get the go-ahead). CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete