This stuff is all new to me since I"ve never done a medicated FET. I have done lots of IVFs but only one FET. Last summer I did a natural FET where I was monitored for my natural ovulation and then transferred 4 days after (day 3 slow frozen embryos).
Today I had my first check since starting the patches on Monday...they wanted E2 to be at least 50. Mine was 70, so that's good. I guess? Next step is to ramp up the patches from 2 to 3 to 4 patches.
I've never had lining issues (it's always 10-12mm and triple stripe) but got a little concerned when I read a blog where she had no triple pattern and it may have been due to a period that was just spotting- as if it didn't slough off all the lining? And some old lining was there underneath a new lining? Or something like that? My period was definitely just spotting this time..barely even spotting. Ughh! I hope it doesn't make my lining form incorrectly. I emailed the nurse and she said "it should develop normally". I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. One more thing to worry about!
Next check is on Friday- to check my lining where they look for at least 8mm and a triple pattern. Also will have my hormone levels checked- they want E2 to be >300 at that point and the progesterone and LH levels to show that I am not surging (especially since I am not on lupron)! Hope I pass all the checks and get the go ahead for transfer on Oct 14th.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with your prep. I think you were talking about me, just remember that I have a crappy lining on a good day and have never gotten above 7.5 so don't compare, with a 10-12 average, you will be just fine. :)
ReplyDeleteHi R- I was referring to another blog talldudeshortchick.blogspot.com. For her first attempt at an FET she didn't have the triple pattern. But she barely had period due to BCP. The next one they took her off BCP and she had a better period and the triple pattern formed. I was reading her blog today... but didn't you also barely have a period this time around when you started prepping for the FET? I guess seeing her blog today and thinking of your situation prompted my worries...
ReplyDeleteHoping for the best Lindsay!
ReplyDeleteI so hear you. I have the same worries abt the triple pattern! I only had a very light period this time too. Crossing my fingers for both of us!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of this info--I've never been through an FET, so it's helpful to see how the process works! I so hope that you won't have any more delays and that by 10/14 you'll be PUPO!
ReplyDelete