Friday, October 29, 2010

Immunology Update

I've had some tests run since the immunology clinic (Alan E Beer Clinic) is following my immunology. They ran an hcg level today- it's 3428!! wahoo! Still doubling at 34hrs! That was a relief! They rechecked my NK and Cytokine levels. All looks good! One test they are doing is somewhat new is called "T-reg". Mine is slightly low at 0.5. They want above 0.7. Since it's low they recommend IVIG which is very expensive! Ughhh! I am not sure I even believe in it. I need to do some research on it this weekend and decide what to do. I know for sure what Dr Schoolcraft would say. The Beer Clinic does not believe in intralipids so that's not an option, unfortunately. I just hate to pay so much for an IVIG infusion if it's really not necessary. I sort of regret even going to the Beer clinic since now I am worrying about this and there's a good chance I should not be worrying. Ughh. Maybe I'll have them re-check the t-regs again and maybe it will be within normal range. I hope!

The Beer clinic also wants my progesterone levels >20. Mine is 12 on suppositories but I explained to them that suppositories show lower levels in the blood. But they still don't like it... I am not sure if it's the nurse that doesn't completely understand. She thinks my progesterone is dangerously low. I switched to PIO so it should go up and meet their expectations at my next check anyway.

They also ran my TSH level and it's gone up. Which I'm not surprised since for me it's always gone up with pregnancy. My last check was at 0.93 (about two weeks before transfer) on 88mcg/daily. And now it's 3.0! So it looks like they'll up my dose.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck in your decision...sorry I have nothing to tell you! But I just found out today that yes the suppositories aren't as "detectable" in the blood stream. I'm a little suspicious of them too and am closely monitoring this. My P4 today was 9.34 or something like that and I understand that when using suppositories CCRM wants it above 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry... I don't have any advice abt the IVIG process. I am a little dubious abt the P4 levels too. I wonder why CCRM likes the suppositories instead of the PIO?! I will make sure to ask abt that the next time. I am glad that you were abt to catch the high TSH right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about the immunologic stuff, but if it were me, I would trust Dr. Sch's opinion, simply b/c your betas are doubling nicely and there is no reason for concern. Just my opinion! Sorry to hear that your TSH is increasing... I'm due to have mine checked in the next few months to see if Synthroid is keeping it under control.

    ReplyDelete