Sunday, October 10, 2010

A nice weekend...

We had a nice weekend. Every year in October we go to see the airshow in the city called "Fleet Week" in San Francisco. It's usually beautiful weather in October in the city and it's fun to walk around the city and watch the airplanes fly above :) My son was really into it this year which was so cute.

Since we were in the city (we live about an hour south) and have some good friends who just had their first baby late August... so we stopped by to see the baby. This is a donor egg baby, so the type of baby I don't mind visiting. Not because it's donor egg, but they've been thru IVF and we're just so happy for them. They've been thru a long struggle and she was so depressed. They seem so happy! She's in her early forties and tried with her own eggs once but then moved on to donor eggs. Their baby is adorable... :)

Then today, we visited some other friends who also have an IVF baby. We actually met this couple because friends of ours introduced them to us since they were embarking on IVF for the first time about two years ago. They wanted to meet with us to talk about our IVF experience. They have become close friends and we both went thru a two miscarriages together around the same time. We've been a nice support for each other. She went on to have a baby this September and we're just so happy for them. Their baby is just adorable too :)

It was a bit easier seeing these adorable newborns knowing that my transfer is set and I'm finally on my way. I feel like we have such a good chance for this to work out. I know I can get pregnant and carry successfully. I've been pregnant three times now and feel like we have good explanations to why we lost those pregnancies. Of course, there's no guarantee...and I will be scared as ever as we approach those last few days before beta. I can't wait to get there and pick up our little ones on Thursday!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I also can't wait for you to get those little embies snuggled up inside for 9 months! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hoping this will be the end of the line for you too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete