So I thought it over this weekend about whether to treat these "T-Regulatory" cells or not. I asked Dr Sher on the SIRM discussion board and he does not think I need to worry. He said that even though he strongly believes in immune issues, he would not treat this. That makes me feel better.
On Monday the AEB Clinic (Alan E Beer) asks me what my decision is and I tell them that I probably will not treat it, they tell me my pregnancy is at risk. Which is a very scary thing to hear! I am in tears hearing someone say this I asked to speak with the Dr... but that's another $300, so I decided not to. I spoke with a different nurse instead who thought it was reasonable for me to get it re-tested since my levels are borderline. So I went to the clinic yesterday and ended up again in tears as the nurse seems to think I am putting my pregnancy at risk. I told her that these tests are very controversial, especially this new "t-reg" test. I probably went a little too far and said that Schoolcraft doesn't believe in any of your tests and treatments. Another nurse heard me and said she's never seen a successful pregnancy with a progesterone level under 8. Mine was 6 the other day. The nurse called me with this doomed sound in her voice because of my "dangerously low" progesterone level. I explained and explained that the suppositories don't show the levels in the blood. But they just disagree. I trust CCRM on this, I've seen plenty of ladies just on suppositories with lower levels. As long as it's >5, it's ok. I started PIO anyway for other reasons and my progesterone level was 49.0 on Friday.
I think these AEB clinic nurses are quite annoyed with me and think I am crazy for putting my pregnancy at risk. They keep reminding me that they are experts in this field- they are "reproductive immunologists" where Dr's like Schoolcraft are just IVF Drs. I just think they are so extreme with some of their tests and treatments and refuse to waste $2500 for one infusion that I probably do not need. But their comments to scare me- what if they are right? I would do anything not to lose this pregnancy. We've worked so hard to get where we are. I really hope the levels come back normal and I won't have to worry about it anymore.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry you are upset!!! I so hope the levels come back normal so you can breathe easier. But, these nurses sound to me like they are just trying to rope you into spending more money. Any nurse should know that adding stress is not a good thing for any pregnant woman, so their doom and gloom attitude sounds like a red flag to me. If it were me, I would cease contact with them to avoid further stress. Hang in there!!!
ReplyDeleteWow... just wow! That is so scary to hear! Oh my god! And its so scary what they say abt the P4 levels! Now that scares me too... my P4 level was 6.8 on beta day! But I am going to trust that CCRM knows what they are talking abt.
ReplyDeleteI really really hope that your tests come back normal.
Ugh...as if you need more stress! My only advice is to follow your gut when you are in your more tranquill moments. Your P4 levels are incredibly high and thus I have every confidence you will have a successful pg. Hang in there! When's your u/s??
ReplyDelete