Not much new happening here, been prepping for transfer- getting levels rechecked and making sure I'm ready to go.....up to 3 patches now and hoping they are doing their thing! So interesting how medication can be delivered thru a sticker. I've seen it before as a nurse (such as fentanyl patches for pain or the nicotine patches for smokers)... it's just strange. I hope they are working!
I had my thyroid levels rechecked on Monday.. TSH level came out as 0.93. So it's a good level! My last check was about 2.0 just before stimms. So I'm happy that my levels are under control. I'm on 88mcg/daily. Also taking 1 injection of lovenox daily since I have factor 2 prothrombin mutation. I hate those shots- they sting!! Ouch! And bruise! My poor belly is so ugly from the bruises and patches :(
I know Dr Sch thinks it's all hocus pocus, but I went to the Beer Clinic to get my NK and cytokine levels re-checked. Just for peace of mind. I already did their huge work up last January so I figured I might as well get checked. All tests are normal, so no treatments needed, my immune system is under control and I am cleared for transfer. They will re-check my levels with positive pregancy. They are treating me with 1 mg dexamethasone daily since I'm ANA+, I started that on cycle day 6.
I booked my hotel, flights and car. All of these can be cancelled without a fee....will find out Friday if I'm cleared for transfer!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for a great TSH level and for progress with your cycle! It's great that you just had immunological testing for peace of mind--you don't want to have any regrets, and it doesn't hurt anything. I'll be crossing my fingers Friday, but I think everything will go great!
ReplyDeleteI know...its as if those patches are hocus pocus!! Glad you went ahead and got tested for immunity issues to ease your mind. I think there is something to it...I mean, an embryo or pregnancy is an invader into our human body so why can't there be such a thing as immune issues? But good for you for taking the lead on this one. Not much longer!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are moving right along! I also felt it was like "magic" with the stickers! Good luck with your transfer!
ReplyDeleteOh wow... we are both treading the same path. I am also on 88mcg of thyroxine, just started lovenox yesterday, and prepping for fet! I am getting my thyroid levels checked tomm. Hopefully they are as awesome as yours.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for getting the immunological testing done. It will definitely give you the peace of mind.