Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Packing up!

We leave tomorrow!! Can't believe we're really going to Colorado for IVF. We'll be staying with some good friends the first few days. It's a nice excuse to visit them!! Actually, almost exactly a year ago we flew out to visit these same friends for their suprise birthday party. I was 5wks pregnant at the time from a FET (embryos created from our cycle from our son a in 2006). I remember thinking about CCRM while we were there since I had never been to Colorado and had consulted with them before. I never thought a year later we would have gone thru two miscarriages and another failed IVF cycle and that we'd be going to CCRM! Kinda crazy!

We fly in Thurs evening. Hopefully, I'll hear back from my nurse before our flight regarding my u/s and bloodwork tomorrow morning. I should let her know to be sure to call me before 4pm (our flight is at 410pm). I guess she can always leave a message telling me if I need to change my evening dose or not. We'll land in time for me to check it and give my shot on time.

Friday, we have two appointments... one for DH to give his backup sample and we also have the genetics consult. On Saturday and Sunday I have very early appointments which I am dreading since I have to drive from our friend's house in Ft Collins (about 1.5hrs north of CCRM). Ughh! I am NOT a morning person. Oh well. My DH leaves on Sunday evening and my mom flies in... once my mom gets here we'll stay in a hotel so that I don't have to drive so far every morning. Our original plan was to stay at our friend's house the whole time, but it's just too far. They're going out of town anyway so we won't miss out seeing them. Our friends did offer their car to us, so that will save us $$$!!

We're looking forward to our stay on Colorado. I'll be nervous to hear the fertilization report.... but that's just as we leave Colorado, so I think I can relax for the most of our stay. Then we'll be on pins and needles awaiting the embryo reports and the CCS results...I am really dreading those phone calls!! Ughh.
For now, I will be Hopeful in Colorado... :)

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! That is such a good attitude; I am so excited for you!!! Safe travels!!! Wish we were going to be out there at the same time so we could meet up for lunch or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you!!! Can't wait to hear all about it...

    ReplyDelete