Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sooo bloated!

I've done quite a few IVF cycles now, and I have never been sooo bloated. I am not kidding when I say that I look 4-5 months pregnant. I feel ok, but the bloating is getting really annoying. I am drinking fluids like they instructed me to, eating salty foods. Actually, tired of eating junk and don't want gain weight from eating bad... like potato chips and french fries!! Well, actually I haven't been eating either of those...trying to think of healthier salty alternatives.

Is this bloating normal?? When will the bloating go down? I know it hasn't even been a week. I am trying to be patient, but this is seriously bad bloating.

It's interesting because my previous RE would put you on a fluid restriction of about 1 liter/day to prevent OHHS and instructed to only drink gatorade or propel (no water or other fluids). But everywhere else says drink a lot of fluids. So crazy about the huge difference in opinions there. I never had a problem with bloating at my previous RE. I just want this to go away!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm certain you've spoke with your nurse but just nervous that you are at risk with OHSS. Please keep yourself well and when that little voice says "I've had enough" listen to it. That's my only advice. Never been through IVF before so I can't compare but if I was in your shoes that's what I'd do. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope the bloating goes down. I had OHSS once and was instructed to drink a TON of Gatorade and eat salty foods. I was so paranoid, that I only drank Gatorade after each retrieval to prevent OHSS from ever returning because it was so bad. Buy I digress, processed soups have lots of salt and are a better alternative to junk food. Hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete