Friday, August 13, 2010

Egg Retrieval Update

We had 30 eggs retrieved today! I'm worried about having so many since Dr Schoolcraft told us that >20 eggs can compromise quality. I am not sure why I got soo many eggs this time. If you look at my history with the long lupron cycle, I usually got around 17 total. My most recent failed IVF cycle we did an aggressive protocol called MDL and we got 28 eggs. I was not on an agressive protocol this time, although I did start out with an aggressive dose. I wonder if the saizen contributed to my over response! And my nurse not giving me the correct insruction to drop my dose! Hopefully the saizen will help the quality, and the lab, and the supplements I took. Ughh! Hoping we end up with some good quality eggs/embryos. My E2 was 4800 yesterday.. I'm guessing around 20 mature eggs? John the embryologist said we'll hear mid morning regarding our fert report.... with so many eggs I am not as worried about this report but more worried about getting a good number of quality blasts.

Last time when we had 28 eggs, 20 were mature 12 fertilized and we only had ONE perfect blast (and it was still BFN). The rest were all crap. But of course this was at different lab. Please pray for our fert report and embryos!! Thanks for all of your comments, thoughts and prayers!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh and can sooo sympathize with your anxieties right now...for those with a chromosomal diagnosis it's not a matter of how many good quality blasts you get...its more about good quality NORMAL blasts!!! I am hoping this will be it for you and am sending you positive vibes RIGHT.NOW!!! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a great fert report.

    ReplyDelete