Just got the call a little while ago.. All sorts of thoughts were going thru my head... do we have any? Will we just have 2? Will we have 12 blasts and we will be knocked out of the park? Our results were below average for what they'd expect from 19 fertilized... we have 5 high quality blasts.
Day 5:
5BA
4BB
3BB
Day 6:
4AB
3AB
A little disappointed considering we so many to start with (I was hoping for around 8 blasts) but really didn't know what to expect... We're very thankful for the ones we do have... and this is a great improvement for us considering we only made one high quality blast of 12 fertilized in our last cycle. It's not like we want many more children anyway, but it's nice to have a back up in case a transfer does not work. Also- the more you have, the more likely there are normals in there.
Now another wait begins!! I hope we have at least 2-3 normals!!
edit to add: We did have one other blast that was graded 4CC, but not quality enough for CCS testing. Also- FYI... all of our 19 embryos started dividing, 13 were >6 cells on day 3. I also asked about the other 3 immature eggs... they were too immature to do a day 2 ICSI.
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think 5 is great. I have never made any blasts so I am impressed. Hopefully the next wait will go quickly as well and you get lots of normals.
ReplyDeleteI can sympathize...5 is a great number. Just hopeful there will be some normals for transfers. THANKFULLY the wait is now only 1 - 2 weeks! Can't imagine 5-6 weeks.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you Lindsay and hoping for an awesome outcome!!