Sunday, August 22, 2010

Emotional and obsessing...

AF came today....nine days after egg retrieval. I've been super emotional and have been crying a lot these last two days and DH and I have had a few arguments! I think the huge hormone drop has taken its toll on me... I also ended up with a yeast infection (which i never get-ick!!)

At least I can look forward to talking with my nurse about my FET calendar :) Does anyone know the typical FET timeline? I probably won't be allowed to take BCP (due to factor 2)... so I'm also wondering what the protocol will look like? How much flexibility is there with the dates? Last time I did an FET we just followed my natural surge... But it was local, so it was okay but still up in the air waiting for ovulation.

I've been obsessing over my embryo grades these last few days. Realizing I have no AAs!! How significant is AA vs BB? And 3 vs 4? Does it matter that much? One more thing to worry about!! The chart on IVF connections does give me hope since it appears that many 3bbs and 4bbs can make a baby!! I am thankful for that chart, it is very encouraging... Looks like most ladies have at least half normals. And even if I ony end up with one normal, it looks like we'd have a decent chance!! Although I really really hope for at least 2-3 normals.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're feeling so emotional lately. No doubt the stress combined with all the hormones/meds. And double sorry you've acquired an infection - likely caused by taking antibiotics they give you. I only get such infection when I take antibiotics - but now I've learned to double/triple the dose of aphidophilus or yogurt a few hours before or after taking the antibiotic. My sample FET protocol includes BCPs so not sure if it's worthwhile telling you about my FET protocol. Hoping your nurse gets back to you very soon.

    And just hoping for some normals...2-3 like you wish. When do you expect results back?

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete