Wednesday, July 14, 2010

UGHHHHH!!!

This last day and a half has been interesting to say the least....

Since I am taking the supplements for egg quality CCRM wants me to check my kidney/liver function tests before taking them. Well, I already started taking them in early June and I let them know but they still wanted me to get the levels checked. I had the level drawn on Monday and my nurse called me yesterday to let me know my creatinine level is elevated!!! I freaked out and stopped all of the many supplements I am taking!! Then I spent much of the night googling about creatinine levels and it turns out that you should not eat meat just prior (or even 24hrs) prior to the test. Meat can falsely elevate the results. Well, I had meat (left over smoked ribs that DH cooked this weekend) and had my blood draw about 2-3 hrs after. All of the lab prep says do not eat meat before!! I had no idea!!! I hope that's the reason and I don't have some kidney problem either from one of these supplements or for some other unknown reason!! Ughhh! One more thing to worry about! I had the blood re-drawn this evening, should hopefully find out tomorrow what's going on.

I've been crampy these last day or so. Figured AF might be coming since I am on cycle day 28. But today I noticed EWCM.... so I did an OPK and it's ++++!! So late!!! Ughh! I am way off schedule. So I called my nurse after 3pm and emailed her asking her to call me. Thankfully, she called back and we talked about how I am possibly surging. I will either be another 2 weeks behind (meaning egg retrieval will be around Sep 13 or so!! and that's if I ovulate on time next month!! so probably even later!) or I can get started with this ovulation!! Since I was on my way to get blood drawn (for the creatinine level re-check) she said to check my LH too to confirm if I am surging. I will find out the result tomorrow. It would be nice to get going with this cycle, but that would mean figuring things out quick!

On Monday, I asked my manager for time off for what I thought my schedule was going to be in late August. She took me off the schedule already and found coverage for those dates. Ughh. I shouldn't have told her the dates yet, I wish I had waited for AF to tell her. Now, I have to call her tomorrow and ask her to put me back on the schedule! UGHHH! She may be annoyed about that, to top it off I may need to ask time off for early August if we get going with this cycle. I hope she's supportive. I will call everyone on our unit if I have to...someones gotta be available to help. It looks like there's just about 4 days I need to get covered and if someone will switch weekends with me I may need only 2 days off! That's not too bad!

We'll see how things go tomorrow I find out if my kidney levels are ok, find out if I am surging, talk to my manager, see if our friends in CO are ok with us coming in early Aug! Lots to figure out. Oh- and order my meds too!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean...I really feel the pressure of the never ending worry/to do list too. I nearly snapped earlier this week but things are starting to progress. One.Minute.At.A.Time is my mantra when times are overwhelming.

    And hoping the blood tests will be okay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days it seems like this whole IVF stuff is one "bump" after another. Somehow though, it all works out in the end. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete