Friday, July 30, 2010

Suppression check cancelled

So, AF still hasn't shown up. I surged on July 14th (confirmed with bloodwork).... so it should be coming right? I'm crampy too...I think it'll show up today or tomorrow. I hope!!!!

I was concerned about going to my suppression check if I won't even pass...what a waste of money and time. I pay for these local u/s and bloodwork out of pocket and it's pricey!!! So I called the nurses yesterday...no response until about early evening.
The nurses said DO NOT go to suppression check until AF has come. My nurse did not make this clear at all. I was glad know and to cancel my appt for today. She said keep waiting for AF and then get checked. I am hoping it comes today!! Then, I can get checked tomorrow and start stims as scheduled for Sunday. If not, I will just have to wait day by day. The first nurse I was talking to said they only start stims on Thurs-Sun..... so that means I'd have to wait till next Thursday if I don't start this Sunday. But then another nurse chimed in and corrected her....she said they'll let me start anyday... so just wait for AF and we'll get started. I was relieved to hear that cause just a couple days delay isn't a big deal but another 5 days definitely throws off our plans. Ughh! Cycling out of town is a big stress and so frustrating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh GAWD do I know what headaches it is to receive treatment remotely...but otherwise they're pretty on top of things I find. But here's hoping AF shows up NOW!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope AF has shown up by now! Ugh, what a headache. I'm glad you didn't waste $$$ by going in for the suppression check before AF arrives. I agree that figuring out all of the long-distance stuff is stressful! My nurse never said anything about having to start stims Thu-Sun, so that is interesting. I'm scheduled to start them on a Wednesday. C'mon, AF! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete