For this cycle, I am really giving it my all. If this is our last try, I don't want any regrets. Going to the best clinic in the nation, taking supplements, eating healthier, and doing TCM. Although, I'd love to cycle next month....it's okay that getting started at CCRM will take a few months. My acupuncturist says she needs at least 3 months with me to get my body in balance. And I have heard that it takes three months to help egg quality. Even though I am 33yrs, it looks like I may have an egg quality issue. We've always had lower fertilization rates with ICSI and our embryos tend to be slow growers.
I met this girl on IVFC and she had amazing results with the chinese teas. Her story amazed me.... she was 39 yrs and had two failed IVF cycles with PGD- she had very low fertilization rates and no normals on one cycle of PGD and only one normal on the second. After that, her RE recommended donor eggs. She decided to give it one last try with her own eggs and did TCM for three months. Her last IVF cycle was perfect, her fertilization rates greatly improved and she had 3 normals via PGD. All three were transferred due to her age and history- and she ended up with triplets. Nothing else for the cycle was changed, same clinic, same protocol. She says it's the herbal teas that help the most. The tea looks like bark, leaves, and sticks....you boil it each day and drink it twice a day. It is VERY nasty. There's another girl I met who had similar results at age 40 and tried the same TCM Dr but also changed to CCRM and ended up with wonderful results as well and had twins via CGH.
So now, I am finally trying TCM, although I have done acupuncture..I have never tried the chinese herbs/teas. I am driving an hour north each week to go to this same Chinese Dr that the ladies I described above went to. I go each week for acupuncture and to collect my herbs which is customized each week for me. The herbs are VERY gross...but I am plugging my nose and chugging them down quickly. I made the mistake of cooking them inside the house the first couple weeks, but now am cooking them outside...the smell is just nauseating!! It feels good to do SOMETHING to help while I am waiting and it makes the three month wait much more purposeful. I hope and pray that this and CCRM's lab will help our embryos thrive. Well....I am off to cook my yucky tea!!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are dedicated! Our motto going into this is also "No Regrets." I think it's important to be able to look back and not feel like you missed out on trying something that might work. Plus, I know how exhausting this wait can be (we are extending ours even longer now!), so it's nice that you can work on improving egg quality in the meantime!
ReplyDeleteHi we are sorta in the same boat. i too have crappy eggs. can you please tell me about this tea? i will try anything to improve the quality of eggs if i can? i love reading your blogs. we are trying to set up a consult with dr.schooly, this will be our 3rd ivf. can you email me at bluediamond9090@gmail.com. thanks so much!!
ReplyDelete