Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Update

So I had the T-reg levels re-checked and got the results back today. Of course the levels are now lower at 0.4 from o.5 (they want 0.7) So now they really want me to treat it!

I've been searching and reading and trying to decide what to do. My decision is NOT to treat this. The nurse said the IVIG might not even bring up the levels (but it would still help?). There's an immunology support forum for this clinic on yahoo and from searching around, it looks like the IVIG does not help bring up the levels for most. So then they'd be recommending another infusion in a few weeks! There's just no way I am spending $5000 on two infusions. The nurse I talked to the other day said that the t-reg levels CAN be higher in the uterus than the blood... so it can be ok but they like to treat it anyway if it's low in the blood.

I've asked some of the other Dr's on SIRM's discussion board and it seems the consensus is that immune treatments are questionable....especially this one. And I am wondering why the Beer clinic didn't test this level BEFORE my transfer if it's such a concern for them. Low levels are supposed to interfere with implantation. My levels were probably low at time of implantation and it didn't interefere!

Dr Schoolcraft told me not to do any immune testing/treatment, he told me to ignore it..I keep reminding myself of that. And look at the success rates with CCS normals!!
I think everything will be ok. I hope!

3 comments:

  1. Easier said than done but try and relax. Sounds like you have done a mountain of research on this and sounds like you have made a sound decision. Try and trust your gut because its usually the decisions that are the way to go when we are in our most rational and calm state. And you're right...we have no data to compare what the levels were before pg. Thinking of you. Just concentrate on those CCS stats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you've researched so much is good, and I completely agree with your decision to not treat it. I agree with Lisa that trusting your gut is the best way to go, and CCRM obviously has great success rates without treating these immune issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are really tough decisions... And I feel for you. Having someone tell you that you can throw money at it and the problem will be solved is one thing. But, throw money and the problem MIGHT be resolved is a totally different story. Money aside... the emotional aspect of all this is the sucker! You did the research, you have the data, just do with your guts. It will work out fine! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete