It's been busy here! I finally have a moment to write while both babies are asleep, big brother is asleep too! It's been especially busy since our oldest, Garrett, is out of school for two weeks since summer school ended and preschool hasn't started up again yet. Also our babysitter is out on vacation! So I am all on my own with three kids all day long! On top of that, I think the lack of sleep is really catching up to me... and I'm exhausted.
I am finding out that getting out of the house makes my day a little easier since the babies fall asleep in the car and usually stay asleep for a few hours in their infant carseats. Garrett also does well if we get out and do something. He goes crazy being home all day long. We get out to the park, the mall, the jumpy place, or maybe one easy errand. Getting out of the house keeps me sane too!!
Tomorrow is the babies 2 month appt (a week late). I'm curious to find out how much they weigh in at! They are definitely getting bigger... our little boy, Alec, seems to eat ALOT!! Nursing more often...and I think he feels heavier. When we give him a bottle at night he'll usually take 4 oz and sometimes wants more. Our little girl, Layla, takes about 3 oz... not usually 4. Alec is so grunty and gassy!! He farts ALOT! and stinky ones! I'm going to ask about this tomorrow! It seems like he's constantly farting! Such a boy!! ha ha!
I'm recovering pretty well. Seeing progress with my weight loss and staring to feel more like my normal self. Still have about 10lbs to lose. Trying to be careful not to go too fast with the weight loss since I am concerned it could affect my milk supply. Fitting into more of my normal clothes now. I know it takes time.... trying to be patient!! I'm still bleeding lightly on and off bright red. My OB says she'll do an ultrasound to check for any tissue or a clot. I was supposed to call last week if I was still bleeding.... I just keep ignoring it... hoping it will go away. Maybe I'll call tomorrow. Ughh. There's a possibility I would need a d&c..... if they see something in there. What a pain that would be! And the memories it would bring back since I've had two miscarriages with d&c. Ughh.
I'll update again in the next few days since we have their 2 month appt tomorrow... and I will add some pics since my IVFC buddies have been asking :)
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please do check out the bleeding - this alone will make you very tired! - and go easy on the weight loss - only 10 pounds left to lose - sounds like you really should be eating for three! Hope your baby sitter comes back soon!
ReplyDeleteI agree with bunintheovenplease about the bleeding... I bet that is at least a partial reason why you are so tired! I really, really hope you don't need the d&c, ugh. As if you haven't been through enough with all of this! I guess the reward is those two beautiful little (gassy) babies. : ) I hope preschool starts back up soon so you can relax a little more... so important for your energy and sanity levels. Can't wait to hear the babies' weights and see new pictures!
ReplyDeletewhat a gassy boy!! that made me smmile. You sound as though you have everything under control. And I second the new pics request.
ReplyDelete