Our babies had their 2 month appointment this past Thursday Aug 18th at 9 1/2 wks old. Alec weighed in at 10lbs 4oz and Layla is 9lbs 15oz. Alec is also longer and his head is bigger than Layla. Their pediatrician thought they look very healthy and is very pleased :) We're very thankful too.
Today I was looking back on this blog to where I was at about a year ago today.... a year ago on Aug 13 we had our egg retrieval, and about this time last year we had just received our day 6 blast report and I was obsessing over the grades of our embryos and awaiting the CCS report. What a stressful time it was.... such uncertainty, some dissapointment over the grades of our embryos and the number of blasts we had after 19 fertilized (only 5 blasts!). And look where we are today... two beautiful babies... from grades 5BA and 4BB embryos. I was so jealous of those perfect 5AAs and felt like there was something wrong with our embryos.... but who cares now what the grades were. All that matters is that we have our beautiful healthy babies :)
I promise... pics to come in the next few days!!
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, we have come a long way, friend!!! I can't believe the journey we have been on and where we are today... I'm so thankful to have grouped with our little thread and had the opportunity to follow along with your blog! How wonderful that both babies are growing well and doing great!
ReplyDeleteI have found your blog about the time you got your BFP. I have been following along ever since. I love CCRM success stories. I am waiting the CCS results now. You described it correctly, everything has been so stressful. I can't wait to look back a year from now! Best Wishes!
ReplyDeleteLong way is right! So funny b/c I keep thinking about how we were "vacationing" in Denver this time last year!
ReplyDelete