Saturday, September 12, 2015

Gender Results

We had 3 CCS normal embryos created 5 years ago. We transferred two 5 years ago and had our twins who are now 4yrs old….a boy and a girl. CCRM would not reveal the genders of the embryos at anytime during the pregnancy. We had to find out the usual way most people do at the anatomy ultrasound.

5 years later CCRM's policy has changed and they will reveal the gender of your embryo(s) after the first u/s if all looks good. So I asked my nurse yesterday since she finally got my u/s results. She gave me the number to the genetics line. I called the line many times, but no answer. Ughh. Called and called. No voicemail either. Found my CCRM info folder and found the genetics office email, and emailed. Called again, called again… just rang.
Called one last time on my way to work yesterday and someone picked up!!!  A very nice woman looked at my chart in the computer syste and made sure I had my first u/s and all was good. Then she revealed the gender of our last embryo…. embryo #7!!!!! It's a……………………………..
…………………………GIRL!!!!!!  I was hoping for a girl…. we have two boys and a girl now. I would love this little baby either way, but to even things out I was hoping for a girl…. seemed to good to be true that it would be!! We are very excited! CCRM did say that the testing is 95% correct, so there's a 5% chance of error.

We aren't going to tell our family yet. We are thinking of revealing it in a fun way maybe at Thanksgiving since everyone will be together. We'll see if I can hold it in that long!!

As far as symptoms go… symptoms come and go. Sometimes feel blegh nausea feeling which is reassuring. Definitely more tired this last week. But otherwise it's really hard to believe it's real. The u/s was reassuring, but it's easy to wonder if all is ok after a couple days. I might want that second u/s… so nice get reassurance!!

4 comments:

  1. oh! a girl! wow, that's so exciting to find out so early! must make it feel a bit more real! That's super cool. get a second u/s if you need it. and hang in there; you're doing great! Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mo! My faithful blog commenter ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay. I just came across your blog. We are battling secondary infertility (first child IVF) with multiple failed IVF cycles at a local clinic in Mountain View. I contemplating looking for a new clinic and have been thinking about CCRM. It looks like you cycled with Dr. Zouves. Would love to chat privately and hear your thoughts? Mika

    ReplyDelete