Sunday, May 17, 2015

Back to Colorado!!!

Wow it's been forever since I've posted. I couldn't remember how to log in to make a post!!! Just over a year ago I spoke with Schoolcraft about transferring our one remaining CCS normal embryo. We planned to transfer last spring/summer but we ended up moving to a city one hr north. Life just got busy and it didn't happen. Here we are about a year later and finally going to do it!!!

So I went to back Colorado for my ODWU this past Friday. The last couple of months I've been talking to a nurse at CCRM getting all of my labwork and required exams like Pap smear, physical and mammogram. I wanted to make sure all was good before spending the time and money to go for the work up.

I was in Colorado for just 24hrs. Flew in at 1130pm Denver time, got my rental car and headed to hotel in Lone Tree area. Didn't sleep well being alone and nerves I guess. Then got up fairly early at 8am to get ready for appt at 9:30am. I was done at about 1pm. Then I got to meet up with a friend for lunch. A fellow CCRM graduate and mommy of twins who lives nearby. Such a special treat! After that, I still had time to kill... So I shopped around at the mall and got dinner. Headed back to the airport at 7pm, my flight home was at 10pm.

It was strange to be at the clinic again!! Brought back lots of memories and just so glad we are past that sad place in our lives. The stakes aren't high like last time. It's not all or nothing. First, I had the u/s and Doppler which looked good. Normal blood flow even though I forgot to restrict the caffeine. Met with my nurse mostly about consents and the protocol I will be on for the FET.... Same protocol as last time. Had some required labwork done. Dr Schoolcraft did the hysteroscopy- uterus looks fine. Lastly, I met with Dr Schoolcraft in his office and we discussed the transfer. Not much to discuss. He was much more friendly and mostly we just chatted. I shared photos of the kids, we talked about my twin pregnancy. He asked about where I live and what I do for work, he was very friendly and kind. It was nice to not have to discuss tests results and success rates and be all emotional and worried. I thanked him for helping us conceive our twins. We had a nice talk :)  I tried one last time to ask him to reveal the gender of our embryo......he would not!!! Right now they reveal at 10wks pregnancy. It won't influence our decision, knowing would only make it more real.

So our plan is to transfer as early as my next cycle or within the next couple months!!!!!!

1 comment: