Sunday, June 19, 2011

Update with pictures!

Thanks for all the congrats messages!!

We came home Friday afternoon and things are going pretty well. It's nice to be home, but we've always enjoyed our hospital stay....one on one time with my husband and the babies. Such a special time :) The c-section was ok.... but the spinal anesthesia was the strangest feeling- felt like I couldn't breathe and so restless. I asked the anesthesiologist to put me out!! But he didn't. Ughh! Last time I was alseep for the c-section so I didn't know how it would be being awake. I was soo glad when it was over and I had recovered... but it was very special to hear their first cries and get to see them just as they came out. My husband took a video and it is so neat to see. My little girl breastfed in the recovery room.... she just latched on so easily, she's been an easy one as far as feeding goes. My son has been more of a struggle, but he's breastfeeding ok. The babies never needed NICU time and all has looked healthy with them- such a blessing. Sleep is not the best, but could be worse...but maybe it hasn't caught up to me yet! Big brother has taken to our new family members surprisingly well (so far!) Overall, things went soo smooth and we are soo in love with our two new little ones.

Warning: Below is a picture overload!! :)



My HUGE belly on the operating table!!!























Big brother asleep beside his new brother and sister :)

5 comments:

  1. Lindsay!! They are so incredibly precious! Thanks so much for posting! I think my favorite are their tiny lips! They are so incredibly sweet! And I love the pic of your son with the twins...so incredibly cute! Hope the recovery will be easy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lindsay, they are beautiful!!!! So precious! Glad you are all back home and beginning to settle into a routine. Definitely not picture overload - please keep them coming!
    -Flygirl555

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO gorgeous! Thanks for posting pictures! I agree that their lips are just beautiful, and they seem closely bonded already! Hope things are settling into a routine at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading your blog through it all. I really enjoy the pic of the twins they are beautiful! You give me sooooo much hope.

    ReplyDelete