I was at the mall today and felt a gush of something. It was bright red bleeding!! ughh! No cramping or pain though. It soaked my pants and I had to rush home...luckily I had dark jeans on so no one could notice the bleeding as I rushed out of the mall. Called CCRM and heard back fairly quickly. The nurse told me to rest for the weekend. It may be a tear which needs to heal. She told me to drink lots of water too. She didn't sound worried since my hormone levels even went up with the decrease of meds. P4 was 47 and E2 was about 1300. I feel sort of guilty since I started exercising this week at the gym. I've been go, go go lately too. Probably doing too much. We also DTD for the first time in a while (TMI!!) maybe my cervix got irritated from that which I was fearing. A tear scares me, so I hope it's not a tear. The bleeding eased up quickly, there's been some red spotting but no more gushes so far. Depending on how I'm feeling I may call my OB on Monday for an ultrasound next week for some reassurance and would like to see if we can locate the cause of the bleed. I had similar red bleeding with my son, so that gives me comfort that things will be ok.
In other pregnancy worries and woes. This morning I had to pee really bad, but nothing would come out! It was sort of scary at first. But I figured it was some pregnancy related thing and googled it. Turns out that in the first trimester it can be common for the uterus to compress the urethra as the uterus enlarges... especially if the uterus is retroverted (which mine is). Beyond the first trimester the uterus becomes more supported on the pelvis so this often resolves. I have noticed for the last couple weeks my pee just trickles out sometimes, it is so annoying! Oh.... the pregancy woes!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lindsay...scary no doubt! Just hope the babies are doing fine. I am sure they are oblivious!! Rest well this weekend. And don't beat yourself thinking you caused the bleed!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea about the ute pressing on the urethra! Weird! Thanks for including that so I'll know not to freak out if we are successful in January.
ReplyDelete